Are you new at blogging? Do you want to write about your hobbies, work/business, or just about your life; but when you put your fingers on the keyboard, don’t know where to start from?
Don’t worry, we’ve all been there. Creating content for your blog might be daunting at the beginning, but practice makes perfect.
That’s why today I would like to share with you these steps that every content writer follows, until they lose their minds.
I hope it helps:
1. Write down all your ideas on a digital piece of paper. Type like there is no tomorrow.
2. Revise what you wrote and structure it around the main idea until the text makes sense.
3. Go over your text again, sentence by sentence, making the necessary edits.
4. Repeat this step as many times as needed until it’s flawless.
Attention: This is a subjective matter, just don’t get too obsessed with perfection or you will never manage to post anything.
5. Now that your post is finalised and looking good, copy the link and share it on Facebook with your audience and friends.
Now, admire the masterpiece you just created and how it shines on your Facebook timeline.
Realise that there is a typo on the title.
Feel dumb and miserable.
Delete it before anybody sees what dumb writer you are.
Break a new world speed record.
Go to the blog post and edit the typo.
Drink lot’s of tea/coffee.
Revise the text again in case you missed any other grammar, spelling or punctuation mistake.
And again, and again, and again….
Leave the article in draft mode for ever because, although your eyes cannot find any mistake, you are not sure if there might be any error that escapes your knowledge.
Question your knowledge and your language skills.
Go to a corner and cry.
Burn your laptop.
Consider finding a different job. A dog walker perhaps.
Seek professional help.
PS. If you’re already a content writer and can relate to the feelings in every step of the process, please let me know on the comments below, so I can make sure that I’m not alone in this and we can support each other. Thanks.